Why Pumpkin in Skincare is Beneficial + How it can help YOU
Fall is a season of change. The leaves change from green to beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange. We say goodbye to the hot, sunny days of Summer as we pull out our cozy sweaters and embrace the windy, chilly weather that Fall brings. And most importantly, our skin changes with the season. It can become more dry, it can crack easier, and it can lose the summer glow you worked so hard to achieve if you don’t transition your skincare. Lucky for us, the Fall season brings us an abundance of pumpkins, a key ingredient to maintain glowing skin.
Pumpkin contains amazing properties that benefit the skin in many ways. So how does pumpkin help treat my skin, you ask?
• It is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
• It contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
• Zinc in pumpkin seeds is brilliant for acne sufferers. Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
• Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for oily skin.
• The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.